Use this worksheet to:
- Document your organization’s occupational road safety hazards.
- Prioritize the hazards.
- Assist in creating a list of strategies to address the hazards.
Before you begin the worksheet:
How to Use the Worksheet
- Identify risks, hazards or problems related to your organization’s drivers, vehicles and journeys from the information gathered in your status review:
- Hazard column – Enter the risks, hazards and problems your organization faces.
- Financial Costs column – Enter the financial cost of the risk, hazard or problem if known. If the value is not known, leave the column blank.
- Intangible Costs column – Enter any non-financial consequences, such as:
- Your organization’s reputation
- Staff frustration
- Loss of productivity
- Costs column – Determine the severity of the financial costs and intangible costs together for each risk, hazard or problem. Choose from the drop-down list: high, medium or low.
- Probability column – Determine the likelihood or probability that the risk, hazard or problem will result in an incident. Choose high, medium or low from the drop-down list. The probability will depend on various factors:
- Size of the organization
- Number of drivers
- Number of vehicles
- Nature of the work
- Kilometers driven
(A low probability for a company with a few vehicles could be 1 incident every 5 years, whereas for a company with a large fleet of vehicles it could be 1 incident every year.)
- Level of Control column - Determine your organization’s the level of control over the risk, hazard or control. Select from the drop-down list:
- High: Direct operational control of the process
- Medium: Indirect control of a process, or can only influence it
- Low: Social, political, cultural or technical issues are the reason for risks
- When you’ve entered your organization’s risks, hazards and problems and completed the other columns on the worksheet:
- Click on Print and Exit to save your work online and for a hard copy of your work. Your Hazards will be prioritized when you proceed to the Develop Strategies Worksheet.
- Click on Save and Exit to save your work online. Your Hazards will be prioritized when you proceed to the Develop Strategies Worksheet.
- Click Next to proceed to the Develop Strategies Worksheet.