Use this worksheet to:
- Record short-listed strategies and their estimated costs and benefits.
- Help you determine which strategies are possible.
Before you begin the worksheet:
How to Use the Worksheet
- If you completed the Risks and Hazard Worksheet online, the Hazard and Cost of Hazard columns will already be completed and the Hazards will automatically be ordered in priority sequence according to the information you provided on the previous worksheet.
- If you completed the Risks and Hazards offline:
- Enter your list of prioritized risks and hazards into the Risk and Hazard column.
- Enter the cost of each risk, hazard or problem from your Risks and Hazard Worksheet.
- Strategy column – Develop a strategy for each of your higher priority items in the Risks and Hazards column. Conduct a brainstorming session as a starting point. You can also refer to the list of recommended strategies to help you.
- Strategy Components column – List the main components or milestones that would be needed to develop the strategy.
- Estimated Cost of Strategy column – Estimate the costs to develop and implement the strategy. If unable to provide a $ value, provide a level-of-magnitude cost (e.g., High, Medium or Low)
- Potential Benefits column – Estimate the benefits that would result from implementing the strategy – both short and long-term. If possible, estimate the actual benefits of developing and implementing the strategy. If you’re not able to determine actual financial benefits, provide a level-of-magnitude benefit (e.g., High, Medium or Low).
- When you’ve completed the columns on the worksheet:
- Click on Print and Exit to save your work online and for a hard copy of your work.
- Click on Save and Exit to save your work online.
- Click Next to proceed to the Action Plan Worksheet. Your information from the Risks and Hazards Worksheet and this worksheet will automatically forward to the Action Plan Worksheet.
- Click Back to return to the Risks and Hazards Worksheet.
|Hazard or Risk||If completing online this column will populate with your prioritized risks and hazards. If completing offline, enter your priority risks, hazards and problems.|
|Strategy Components||List main components or milestones needed to develop the strategy.|
|Estimated Cost of Strategy||Estimate strategy costs. If unable to provide $ value provide a level-of-magnitude (High, Medium or Low)|
|Potential Benefits||Estimate strategy benefits – short and long-term. If possible, estimate the actual benefits of developing and implementing the strategy. If not able to determine actual financial benefits, provide a level-of-magnitude (High, Medium or Low)|